Today we decided to check out Mt. Cook National Park before heading to Queenstown. So we snagged a breakfast at the Te Wanaka (spelled it incorrectly yesterday) B&B around 730AM and got on the road. After getting a speeding ticket (darn those local law enforcers, don't you have better things in Christchurch to worry about?), we drove three hours to check out Lake Pukaki pictured below.
We then drove another 30 minutes to visit the Church of Good Shepherd on Lake Tekapo pictured here.
We headed back to Lake Pukaki in order to get on the road to Mt Cook. As we traveled around the lake, we marveled at the color of the water.
Our car had a nice view as well!
On to Mt Cook National Park then! Mt Cook is the tallest mountain in New Zealand.
Good to know we got to where we targeting to go!
Yep, a really big mountain with some ice, glaciers and cold water running away. Nothing special. Been there, done that.
Mindy and I had a conversation today that was interesting. We talked about how (ok, I talked about it. I am the shallow one, not Mindy) less and less places we visit are that interesting to us (ok, really me) because we have traveled to a lot of places. Well, that moment ended today when we both saw our first iceberg. I mean, totally cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment