We stopped at the first store we passed to pick up some bottled water. Can't drink the tap stuff around here!
There are a few nice big hotels on Moorea, one of which is the InterContinental pictured below. We decided to walk in and check it out. We saw a sign that pointed to a dolphin swim area where you could swim with the dolphins. Upon our investigation, we bumped into Marc Hustvedt and his new wife Carly on their honymoon!!!!!!!!! Can you believe that?! What are the chances? We had to miss there wedding in Kansas City 1.5 weeks earlier because we were overseas. We were so excited to see them. I didn't get any pictures of our initial exchange with them, but we agreed to have dinner with them. And then we went off to continue our ride.
Mindy biking.
9 years earlier when I came to Moorea, Tommy Perkins and I stayed at Chez Nelson camping ground. Here are some photos from this place.
The Moorea Mansion!
The first place I ever scuba-dove at!
The home where I got my tatoo!
After a couple hours biking and a mishap with Mindy's bike, we decided to hit the beach at the location of the old Club Med, which has been closed for 15+ years.
Biking back to our guest house, we saw this awesome sail boat.
We agreed to meet up with Carly and Marc at 6PM at their hotel. Here is the sunset from the InterContinental.
The 4 of us having dinner at Aito, this waterfront restaurant owned by this crazy-old french guy who apparently luvs the ladies! Again, to re-state....how crazy it is we ran into them on their honeymoon!
Congrats to Marc and Carly! We are so happy for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment